If you’re experiencing issues with your drone or controller like if it’s freezing or glitching or having connection issues, resetting it to its factory settings may solve the problem. Or, if you’re selling or giving away your drone, you’ll want to reset it so all your personal information and flight history is wiped from the device.
Resetting your controller to its factory settings will take it back to the basics it came with, the controller doesn’t carry much information like the AC so you wouldn’t lose much.
Note: the resetting process is the same for every Mavic and phantom line-up
How to reset DJI drone’s controller
- Turn on the controller, without the aircraft
- Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna)
- Hold for about 5 seconds
- Until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
How to reset DJI controller with DJI assistant
- Open DJI Assistant 2 app
- select your remote control under Connected Devices
- Below the Firmware List click “Restore Factory Defaults”
- Click Confirm to start the factory reset process
- Click Complete.
How to reset DJI smart Controller
- Power up the controller
- Go to settings
- scroll down to factory data reset
- click and confirm